Sunday, June 21, 2009

With Love

Notice how I always sign out saying With Love? Well the reason is that With Love is a song by my most favourite artist. Hilary Duff.. Her latest album Most Wanted rocked me in my sleep. It was aweosme and I loved it. Although it was a compilation of the best of her songs, I loved it because he best songs are my favourite.

The reason I love and adore Hilry Duff is simple. Not only are her songs catchy and nice to listen to. Her lyrics, whether written by her or someone else are meaningful to me. Her lyrics are what helped me thorugh my puberty. For example, the song, Underneath This Smile from her self-titled album.

Underneath this smile
My world is slowly caving in
All the while
I'm hanging on
Cause that is all I know
Could you be the one to save me from every bad habit that has helped me dig this hole?
I've been hiding out for miles
Underneath this smile

To me, the meaning of this lyrics is like its being sung by a teenager. Underneath this smile, the 1st line, is very powerful in a sense that it says that under every smile, there's something that bothers someone. This line is backed-up by the second verse, My world is slowly caving in. Its like the teenager is saying the his world is crumbling due to puberty. At that time I could relate to the song and hence, I loved her ever since.

Hilary then went on to release her third album Dignity with a hit single, With Love. With a catchy tune and a flow of music that captivates the listener, I was singing it for days and still listening to it. In fact, I listen to Hilary Duff everyday because she inspires me to be better and do better.

She started off as a Disney Princess acting in the comedy drama, Lizzi McGuire where she plays a teenage girl who reaches puberty and struggels with boys, love and friends. The series was a hit and ended with The Lizzi McGuire Movie which blasted off her singing career. She released her 1st album after the movie including hit singles such as Come Clean and SO Yesterday.

She was a worldwide wonder. An idol. Adored everywhere. She took steps to shed her Disney Princess by acting in other movies such as A Cinderella Story, Cheaper by the Dozen 1 and 2, and War Inc. This did marvels for her image as she was more and more loved and adored by her fans.

She then went on to produce her clothing line Stuff by Duff and her Fragrance called With Love. This also became a hit worldwide and she gained more profit with which she did a lot of Charity work. For people with AIDS and research.

So this is why I adore and Love Hilary Duff and I hope people will look at her the way I do

With LOve,
Alvin M.

No comments:

Post a Comment